The key to a successful move is organization, we are as keen as you are to get your move completed as smoothly and quickly as possible. Here are a few tips That will help you get organized before the day of the move:
- Start packing as early as possible – it will probable take longer than you think!
- When packing your boxes, put heavy items such as books/wine/cdsetc. in smaller boxes and lighter items such as clothing, plastic, toys etc. in bigger boxes.
- Use proper moving cartons of just a few varying sizes, they are stronger and also boxes the same size take no time to stack (as opposed to 50 boxes all different sizes)thus reducing your removal costs.
- Label boxes clearly; contents, whether fragile, destination room at drop off etc.
- Put everything that fits in a box, in a box! Small fiddly things are actually what takes up more space and takes more time.
- Bundle up garden tools bed slats etc with tape
- Drain fuel from lawn mowers, clean grease from bbq and disconnect gas
- Disconnect washing machine and drain, fridge can be left on until the end of the load.
- Make sure any overhead obstructions are cleared from any drive/lane way leading up to your house
- Flat pack furniture will generally need to be flattened to avoid damage during the move
- Arrange suitable parking bays for removal truck if required prior to the move
- Do not water pot plants at least 24 hours before moving.
- Wrap artwork and pictures appropriately or consider hiring professional packers.
- Before the removalists close their doors, do a final inspection of all rooms, cupboards, wardrobes and shed/garage to make sure nothing is left behind.
- RELAX! Your move is fully under control!